Subject Leader - Miss R Smith
- To offer all students opportunities to experience differing sporting environments and challenges underlying the values of both team and individual games
- To endeavour to fulfill the needs of all participants regardless of ability
- To encourage all students to develop a positive attitude towards sport and exercise
- To endeavour to instill in all students an understanding of the need to remain fit and active throughout their lives and not just when they are at the academy
- To assist the socialisation of the students by providing co-operative and competitive situations in which they work together, help each other and share experiences, through fair play and good sportsmanship
- To provide opportunities for the physical development of students, their strength, stamina, agility and flexibility, and encourage a desire for personal fitness
- To provide a broad based and well balanced programme of physical education
- To provide students with opportunities to develop a good basic level of skill in a wide range of activities, and opportunities to participate at a more advanced level
- To appreciate skilled performance in themselves and others
- To assist in the developing personalities of the students by encouraging initiative, self-discipline, control, poise, confidence, self esteem, and an understanding of personal capabilities, strengths and limitations
- To experience the pleasure, satisfaction, and enjoyment of physical activity and encourage future participation in sport for leisure
Key Stage 3 - Years 7 & 8
At Key stage 3, Physical Education consists of two lesson per week. During this period the following activities will be taught:
- Health Related Exercise
- Table Tennis
Extra curricular activities also provide students with a chance to compete against other schools, to facilitate the teacher in the coaching of younger students or for personal and social enjoyment.
Clubs take place in the lunch hour and after the academic day for all years throughout the academy year.
Key Stage 4 - Years 9 to 11
KS4 GCSE PE
Year 9, 10 and 11 GCSE students are on the Edexcel Specification first certificate in 2018. The course is split 40% practical, 60% theory (2 theory exams).