School Games Mark
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL GAMES MARK?
The School Games Mark is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Schools in England are able to assess themselves across bronze, silver and gold levels of the Mark.
All registered school are able to apply for the Mark. Further information is available via your school's dashboard, the customised content portal for all schools logged in to the website.
The timeline for School Games Mark for the 2016/17 academic year, is as follows:
– Wednesday 4 January – 2016/17 School Games Mark criteria launched
– Easter 2017 – Guidance document published for both SGOs and Schools
– Wednesday 31 May – Application window opens
– Friday 28 July – Application window Closes
– Friday 15 September – SGO verifications to be completed
Why should our school apply?
- OfSTED can use the Mark award as part of their inspection framework
- You can use it as a development tool to aid the PE teacher or Headteacher as your school
- You can proudly display your certificate, pennant and plaque (Gold level only) at your school
- You can add the logo to letterheads and email signatures to show your outstanding commitment to school sport.
How to apply?
Register or login now to access your dashboard. www.yourschoolgames.com.
On the dashboard, you will be able to download the supporting documents which guide you through the application form.
Not yet registered? Registration takes just a few minutes and all schools can access a range of competition formats that help schools when organising competitive opportunities to students through the Sainsbury’s School Games.
By joining the other 20,000 schools who have already registered for the Sainsbury’s School Games your school can access exclusive content; take part in the exciting Reward & Recognition Scheme; publicise sporting events at your school; learn how to use the Sainsbury’s School Games across the curriculum as well as much more.
The Mark is a retrospective award which validates the school's success over the academic year.
Our local schools have achieved the following levels:
Amherst Primary School
Sevenoaks Primary School
St John's Primary School
Anthony Roper Primary School
Otford Primary School
Shoreham Primary School
St Lawrence Primary School
Sundridge and Brasted Primary School
Valence Primary School
Chevening Primary School
Dunton Green Primary School
Halstead Primary School
Lady Boswell's Primary School
St Thomas Primary School