Level 2 BTEC WORKSKILLS (Year 2)
|Subject Leader:||Miss Webb|
- To provide a background understanding of employment rights and responsibilities
- To provide knowledge of the range of jobs, work settings and training available post 16
- To help the students develop and demonstrate a wide range of personal, key and employability skills leading to personal effectiveness that will facilitate progress into employment
- To provide a course for students who are not confident in an exam situation and would prefer to gain a more vocational qualification.
Classroom activities will include individual and group work, completing questions and answers, research / investigation work will be carried out and then discussed. Note taking will be required and ICT interactive activities will also be used to facilitate learning. The emphasis is on 'learning by doing'. For this reason, learners are required to complete a number of assignments to show their assessment of skills and underpinning knowledge.
Assessment for this course is divided into a series of task/assignments. To achieve each unit, learners need to achieve all tasks for each unit. To achieve a certificate, candidates must complete a minimum of 13 credits. Those in bold reflect planned delivery.
PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN WORKSKILLS
Learners will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below before Pearson can award the qualification.
|Minimum number of GLH that must be achieved||130|
|Minimum number of GLHs that must be achieved at Level 2||70|
|Number of GLH from Group A that must be achieved||100|
|Remaining number of GLH can be achieved from either Group A or Group B. A maximum of 1 unit only can be taken from Group B1||30|
Units studied will include, but not be limited to;
- Unit 63 Management of own money
- Unit 60 Career progression
- Unit 56 Applying for jobs
- Unit 65 Understanding employment responsibilities
- Unit 71 Working in a team
- Unit 74 Developing personal skills for leadership
- Unit 110 Healthy Lifestyles
- Unit 65 Understanding employment rights & responsibilities
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you can progress on to an industry sector competency qualification, apprenticeship route or other workplace training.
Link to new specification page: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-workskills/level-2-2017.html#tab-2